Monday, January 24, 2011

Up Close

Jan 22...It was a really nice day, warm and dry, sun shining down.  I wasn't really sure what I wanted to shoot, but I'm like that most days, so whatever catches my eye I will attempt to shoot.  I tried capturing many things from bees to birds, mountains, people...the attached shots would probably be my favourites though.  Both shots taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX.

F8, 1/180s, 70mm, ISO 100.






I just had to play with this first shot, something about it said duo tone...not sure though if it has really worked.  I do like the colours of the original, but wanted something a bit different from the image.

F8, 1/500s, 70mm, ISO 100.







I was lucky to get this second shot.  The wind was blowing, and the bee was flying around the flower, not settling for too long.  I think I need to reduce the colours of the background a bit to bring the bee and flower in to more focus, making it the main subject.  The colours of the background seem to overwhelm.

No comments:

Post a Comment