Monday, January 17, 2011

Dark and Moody

These shots were taken on 12 January.  The weather in this part of the world was moody, windy and at times wild that day.  A friend and I went driving and in between showers and wind gusts I grabbed these images.  I couldn't help but process them in B&W.

Shots taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX.
 
F8, ISO 100, 1/750s, 30 mm.
F8, ISO 100, 1/250s, 24mm.


F8, ISO 100, 1/45s, 39mm.

Slightly different processing with this last shot.  I used the infra red filter in Photoshop and reduced the opacity of the layer to bring back some colour.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I give up, that's 3 goes now and I've lost my words each time....I like the composiiton of the first shot with the foreground detail of the second shot. I don't relate to the colour one at all for me there is something unsettling about the image....will get back on that one.
    I think the landscape orientation of the second shot is the best for showing the sky drama but the waterfall being right on the edge of the image and quite bright leads the eye off the page....somehow a combo of the two ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean about a combo...not sure if it could be pulled off in PS...maybe maybe not?

    The colour one evoked a response :-) Hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete