Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dreary Start...Interesting End

Jan 15...The day started out with rain pelting down on the tin roof.  Love that sound.  Wave after wave came in as I watched the landscape beyond my window fade away then return to view.  It was interesting seeing how the rain travelled down the valley.  During the day the showers reduced and I was able to get out and take some shots.  I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to shoot but then the light hit a flower and I was inspired to shoot flowers to start with.  Imagine if you will, wind blowing from all directions, light hitting the flowers, branches and flower heads dancing in the wind and me trying to shoot them.  These conditions really teach you patience and how to hold your breathe long enough to take a shot when the wind wasn't blowing :-)  Talk about a challenge and as you can imagine quite a few blurred shots.

Shot taken with a Pentax K20D and Pentax M 1:3.5 135mm Prime
 
F8, ISO 100, 1/250s, 135mm.
Shot taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX
 
F8, ISO 100, 1/90s, 48mm
 

The last shot of this day has surprised me.  There is just something about it that draws me to it.

Shots taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX
 
F8, ISO 100, 1/60s, 39mm.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah i like this one too but I'll have to give it some thought before I can articulate why...love the hydrangea - wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I still haven't worked out exactly what it is about the third shot that grabs me...maybe the lines, maybe the lighting, maybe the colours??? Not sure. The Hydrangea was beautiful, just had to get it.

    ReplyDelete