Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On a Wander Down the Hill

Jan 18...I put the walking feet on today cause I needed to do a few things in town.  The clouds looked ominous and I thought I should take some protection for the trusty K20D.  I had to wait for something in one shop, so I went for a stroll down to the train station. They have some nice flowers and textured woods.  The combination of the two made for a really nice shot.  
Shot taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX
F8, ISO 100, 1/60s, 60mm.
While looking at this shot, I am wondering what it would look like from a lower angle???



On the way home a dandelion caught my eye.  It was wet from rain we had earlier in the day.  I really like the way the bits, for want of a better word, stuck together and held the drops of rain.

Shot taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX
F9.5, ISO 100, 1/30s, 70mm



I decided to get some closer shots of this dandelion so went and grabbed the reverse lens adapter and my Pentax-F 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 lens.
F4, ISO 100, 1/125s, 80mm.


F4, ISO 100, 1/90s, 80mm


3 comments:

  1. awesome Shane, I really love the way you have put this series together describing your thought processes, most enlightening, thanks. The 'things' are called seeds, by the way...lol. I'm drawn to the shot with the waterdrops as it conveys the wet weather and freshness that rain brings. I really like the wall too, such an array of lush natural colours. a beautiful set of images and words. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh you! slow down a bit you put me to shame....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks heaps Suellen...seems to have taken a bit for me to actually get my writing and images to meld together.
    I think I'll take a wander down the street today and see if I can get a lower perspective at the train station...would be interesting to see the difference.
    I like 'things' LOL

    ReplyDelete