Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Beaming Reality

Breaking Through

Taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX
F8, ISO 100, 1/500s, 70mm.


I was challenged a while back by my friend Suellen to get some beams of light.  Probably not the best or most technically correct shot in the world but I am trying and will one day get the shot I want.  For now these trial and error images serve as a learning curve in how to do it and not.  I suppose in a way life is like that.  Trial and error, getting to know how to do things, learning by making mistakes.


Beauty Surrounds
Both shots taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX
F2.8, ISO 100, 1/750s, 53mm.

 





These roses remind me that there is much beauty in this world. The vibrant colours beam through the dullness and bring smiles and feelings of hope. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like the mountain/sunbeam, although I think it could so with a bit more tonal range in the foreground, and lightening a tad in the top right (maybe). The roses are gorgeous but the background spoils them I feel. The brown strip thing pulls the eye too much. This is where having something to use as a background would be handy, say a piece of old cloth or card in your back pocket. The yellow is perfectly saturated and the slight touch of light on the top of the petals of the buds is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane these are all beautiful images in their own way, the colours and life of the Roses to the majestic beauty of the mountains, keep snapping my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your very informative and educational comment Suellen. I wasn't overly impressed with the mountain shot, but in posting it and getting comments like yours, it has helped me to improve. Hopefully I can get a better tonal range next time I shoot something like this.
    I see what you mean by the distracting parts of the rose images and that is a good idea about having something to hide the background handy, will keep that in mind next time I see and shoot something like that.

    Thank you Sim, glad you like the shots and I intend to keep shooting, I want to improve my photography and learn while I'm doing it.

    ReplyDelete