Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Textured World

How many of us actually take the time to look closely at things?  What patterns do we see?  What colours?  How about the contrasts?  I love looking closely at the world and things around us, taking in the differences, features, colours...every bump and ripple.  Textures fascinate me, so when I see them I like to capture them even if I have seen and shot them before.  The light might strike it differently giving a unique effect, which produces interesting photographs.

Deposited in Layers
All shots taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX.
F9.5, ISO 100, 1/250s, 70mm.
 
 
Cindered Rock
F8, ISO 100, 1/180s, 70mm.



Pocked and Pitted
F8, ISO 100, 1/90s, 70mm.


4 comments:

  1. I have left three comments on here and each time I go to "post comment" my words disappear...its got to be easier than this
    BTW - love the centre one, its very special indeed, love all 3 really

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems I have to enter my login details into gmail everytime I post...frsutrating

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it is Suellen...will change back one setting that I made a change to earlier today, the one I told you about in the email, and see how that goes.

    Glad you like the images ...the centre one is certainly unique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is frustrating...just put the setting back...might work now...hope so...otherwise it is something to do with blogger

    ReplyDelete