Monday, January 17, 2011

Diversity in Close Proximity

Jan 14...Out with a friend, just driving around.  We stopped at one spot and within a circle of about 1 metre in diameter there were that many species of plants, it was hard to describe.  They appeared to be living in harmony and in fact were probably helping each other to keep living.  The colours were amazing...brilliant reds, yellows and stunning greens. 

My thoughts went to our society and how there are so many different people cohabiting in the same area.  In some areas everyone gets along...in others there is continual friction.  Why do people think that they are better than others when in fact we are all equal.  We all bleed red, we all have skin, we all have hair...they may be different colours but essentially we are the same.  Why can't we live in peace and harmony and help each other to grow?  From meeting people where I live I can say that I live in a community that helps each other grow.

Shots taken with a Pentax K20D and Sigma 24-70 DG EX

F4, ISO 100, 1/250s, 70mm.




F9.5, ISO 100, 1/30s, 39mm.




F9.5, ISO 100, 1/90s, 70mm.


2 comments:

  1. I like the 'feel' of these shots. My only criticism is the orange blurry bit in the top one competes with the red flower. If you can tone that down then a "eye' triangle forms between the flower, the greenery at the base of the stalk and then across to the green leaf on the right and back up to the flower. Just now my eye gets trapped wandering back and forwards between the flower and the orange blur. Food for thought only

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean Suellen, thanks for your thought provoking comment. Will go and see what I can do about it :-). BTW it is actually a berry of some description.

    ReplyDelete