Thursday, February 3, 2011

An Eventful Day

Jan 26...Australia Day...

I had been waiting for this day for quite some time.  For a long while I had wanted to go on the train ride between Queenstown and Strahan and when the opportunity to get tickets at a cheap price came, Mystic and I jumped at the chance.  It was a cool ride except for one little glitch...the engine derailed and we were stuck for three hours while it was put back on.

It was the first time I had an opportunity to take images from a moving vehicle.  Many images turned out blurred, as was expected, but by the end of the day I managed to figure out a way to get non blurry shots.  I filled an 8 gig sd card and half filled a 4 gig card.  I still have many images to process, despite going through and getting rid of the blurred ones :-)

Here are a few from the day...




4 comments:

  1. Hi Shane. the pic of the locos brings back some memories for me (when I was 6)but my favourite is the brown river, the lighting and the contrast in the treees is to die for (I hate that expression) its awesome, I know that its a hard thing to judge but it does appear to be sloping to the right just a tiny tad and its a bit off putting, but I know this is probably how it really is, afterall rivers flow down! This would look awesome up big, you have excelled in getting the texture of the trees, the reflections and the richness of the river colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last 3 shots were taken as the train was moving, so I was just pleased to be able to get them without movement. I could probably straighten the river shot a bit more.
    Thanks again for your thoughts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should put Brown River up on RB and see what reaction you get...its awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about it...will straighten the horizon a bit first though LOL

    ReplyDelete