Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 9










It was cold enough, and I had seen shots of snow on the mountain earlier in the day so I though I would go and try to get some shots for myself, but from a bit closer.  My travels took me to Iron Blow, an old mine site just outside town.  I scrambled up the side of the hill to somewhere I thought would be good to get some close ups.  I took my 135mm lens with me.

Unfortunately the cloud hanging over the mountain did not want to lift, so I contented myself in taking pix of the rocks and textures of the hill I was standing on.  Eventually the cloud lifted enough to give me a glimpse of the lower portions of snow, but not too much. 

The wind up on the hill was very strong and cold, it made it difficult to take images.  My hands were freezing, so I decided to go back down.  On the way home I stopped and got a few images of Horsetail Falls.  It was flowing nicely after all the rain of the last few days.  On a fine day, just after rain, I would like to get a bit closer to this fall.

2 comments:

  1. No doubt about it, we live in the most wonderful and ever changing part of our beautiful state. In a day you can capture so many seasons and different looks of the same item, its just amazing. Thank you sooooooo much for your blog, we see things from so many different ways its unimaginable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks wheelie. Totally agree. I love this part of the state and want to capture all of it. Makes it hard though because as you say it changes constantly and I end up taking images of the same things, but they are so different.

    ReplyDelete