Friday, June 10, 2011

June 8








The day was uninviting and the conditions did their best to turn me away.  Even though it was wet, cold and windy I wanted to go out to the Lake, Lake Burbury, and see what I could get images of.  This place is amazing.  Different weather conditions bring out the different moods of it.

Despite the conditions there was a lot of bird life around, unfortunately I didn't have my birding lens with me, only had my 18-55mm, so didn't get any close ups of them.  So many different varieties in one place.  They seemed to be revelling in the harsh conditions.  Seeing this made me feel alive and I stayed out there as long as I could stand the cold,wet climate.

At times the sun would attempt to break through the cloud and  brighten the scene exposing undergrowth I had trouble seeing, lighting up the shadows enough for me to shoot.  Eventually I succumbed to the chill and headed home, feeling enriched by the experience and wondering what the rest of the day would bring.

2 comments: